SUMMARY OF KEY PRINCIPLES
We usually hold two kinds of information about you:
- information that identifies you personally, such as your name or phone number
- information such as your IP address or type of browser that will not identify you personally
Such information will be sent to, retained and processed by our company in the United States of America. If we obtain such information, it will be for the purposes of providing you with our website and associated services, and to gather data about online shopping;
We retain the right to share such information with any authorized third parties, which may include our merchants, advertising and promotional partners, or any third party service providers.
You may opt out of specific activities (see section VI).
Any information you supply will use encryption software and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), and we make every reasonable effort to keep your information safe.
When you register on our site and become a member, you may alter or correct the information on your account at any time.
You may contact us hereshould you have any questions or concerns about privacy on our site.
Our website and services should not be used by minors under the age of 13.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two particular kinds of information connected with you:
- Personally Identifiable Information ("PII");
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("Non-PII").
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: This covers any information identifying you personally. It is collected when you register on our site, or if you take part in any interactive feature on our Sites, for example a promotion, review, or survey. This may include:
- your name, address, email address, credit card details and phone number if you register on our Sites or participate in a contest;
- furnish relevant demographic information such as your age, gender, shopping interests and preferences if taking part in a survey or poll;
- provide a comment or testimonial on our Sites.
HOW WE USE & SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The purpose of gathering PII and Non-PII is so that we may improve your experience of our Sites and Services, and better assist you by answering your questions, fulfilling your requirements, appreciate your needs, and by any other method naturally connected with the situation in which you provided such information. We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
- Our third party service providers;
- Our parent company, subsidiary companies, or any other affiliated companies ("affiliated companies") for the purpose of our operations, marketing, or promotions;
- Co-promotional participating partners or any other company with which we have marketing or other relationships;
- Our other users if you post public reviews, comments or any other information concerning our products or services, or communicate with other users on public forums.
We also use non-PII to learn about the needs of our users, assess site traffic, and provide targeted promotional activities (see "Preference Based Advertising" below). Such information may be used by itself or combined with information we have gathered from other users for the purpose of providing research analysis and other information concerning online shopping for our participating merchants or other clients, or for the media and other interested parties.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We make every reasonable effort to maintain the security of your information while it is being transmitted with the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. This permits us to encrypt the information you provide. In addition, we make use of a secure server hosting location in the US, controlled access, the protection of a firewall, and encryption technology to keep your data safe. Nevertheless, you should be aware that while we do everything possible to protect your PII, we cannot offer a complete guarantee of the security of the information you provide us with, nor will we be liable for the theft, loss, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. Should any part of your personally identifiable information be compromised, you will receive notification at the last e-mail address you have given to us at the earliest possible time (there may be delays in your receiving such notification while we work to discover the extent of the breach and re-establish reasonable integrity to the system, as well as when notification would obstruct a criminal investigation).
YOUR OPTIONS & OPT-OUTS
You may choose how we use information on you, by opting out of our email distributions, contacting us here, or declining any marketing information from us. You may make such changes via your personal account.
Contact us here should you have questions or concerns regarding privacy at Essayontime.co.uk.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our Sites and Services, therefore may not submit any PII to us. Those persons under 18 but 13 or over must seek the consent of a parent or legal guardian to use our site.